ESL: The Colour Red in Marvel

I absolutely loved this article on IGN about the colour red in the Avengers Endgame trailer. At the time it came out, I had a student who was crazy about Marvel and quite high English reading skills, so we did this activity. You can watch the trailer with the students, complete the gap-fill exercise, then match the explanations to the suggestions in the table.


Gap-fill


TONY STARK: It seems like a _______ years ago, I fought my way out of that cave, became Iron Man, realized I loved you. I know I said no more __________, but I was really __________ to pull off one last one.

PEGGY CARTER: The ___________ has changed. None of us can go back...
All we can do is our _____________, and sometimes the best that we can do is to __________.

THOR: I _________ all these people die.

STEVE ROGERS: I keep telling everybody they should ________ ____. Some do, but ___________.

NATASHA ROMANOFF: Even if there’s a _________ chance, we owe this to everyone who’s not in this room to ______.

STEVE ROGERS: We will. ___________ it takes. CLINT BARTON: __________ it takes. NATASHA ROMANOFF: __________ it takes. TONY STARK: _________ it takes.

THOR: I like _______ ______. 


More difficult match-up exercise



Comments